Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If - additional criteria

I'm just struggling with finding a formula, which gives me results as
below:

if a1=1 or 2 or 3 then a2=AB
if a1=2 then a2=BA
if a1= value other than 1 or 2 then a2=CA

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 31, 1:34*pm, "Mathew" wrote:

You say if a1=2 then "AB", but you also say if a1=2 then "BA" ???

I knew I'd explain something incorrectly, I was going to write this
way:

if a1=1 or 2 or 3 then b1=AB also if a1=2 then b1=BA and also if a1=
value other than 1 or 2 then b1=CA

can this work somehow? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You said the same thing, just changed the target cell. Same contradiction.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

On Jul 31, 1:34 pm, "Mathew" wrote:

You say if a1=2 then "AB", but you also say if a1=2 then "BA" ???

I knew I'd explain something incorrectly, I was going to write this
way:

if a1=1 or 2 or 3 then b1=AB also if a1=2 then b1=BA and also if a1=
value other than 1 or 2 then b1=CA

can this work somehow? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 31 Jul, 14:39, Pete_UK wrote:

Also, your 3rd condition clashes with your first when A1=3.

a1 was supposed to be a dynamic cell. When you type in "1" in it then
cell b1, which is supposed to contain a formula, should display
"AB" (according to my example from previous posts). When you type "2"
in cell a1 - then b1 displays "BA". And again when you type, for an
instance, "3" - then cell b1 should display "CA"

I thought it was possible, sorry for messing up
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=CHOOSE(A1,"AB","BA",CA")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

On 31 Jul, 14:39, Pete_UK wrote:

Also, your 3rd condition clashes with your first when A1=3.

a1 was supposed to be a dynamic cell. When you type in "1" in it then
cell b1, which is supposed to contain a formula, should display
"AB" (according to my example from previous posts). When you type "2"
in cell a1 - then b1 displays "BA". And again when you type, for an
instance, "3" - then cell b1 should display "CA"

I thought it was possible, sorry for messing up

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Something like

=IF((a1=1),"AB",IF((a1=2),"BA","CA"))

but I need more than one criteria for "AB"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 31 Jul, 13:49, suddengunfire wrote:

if a1=1 or 2 or 3 then b1=AB also if a1=2 then b1=BA and also if a1=
value other than 1 or 2 then b1=CA

He, he, I got lost in my own explanations

of course I meant if a1=1 or 2 or 3 then b1=AB and if a1=4 then b1=BA
and if a1=any value other than 1, 2, 3 and 4 then b1=CA

it's hard with Excel but without it it's even harder..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 31 Jul, 15:45, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:

=IF(OR(A1=1,A1=42,A1=99),"AB",IF(A1=2,"BA","CA"))
--
David Biddulph

Oh my god, it's working! Thank you master! You are great.