Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default generate form from excel data

Hi guys, my first post here. I'm somewhat familiar with programming.

My problem is (maybe I'm just silly) that I want to generate a for
with the data from an excel row. I'm just making the simplest o
order-handling systems. We get orders in by mail/phone/fax etc, fill i
the appropriate lines in an excel sheet, and the I'd like to be able t
print out a very simple invoice from this, preferably by using a butto
in the last column, or better by checking the lines I want for th
invoice and then generating it. The invoice is quite basic, currently
word document, and it's no problem if we need to restructure this.

Any ideas about how to do this?

Best regard

--
frod
frode's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3629

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would go the route of creating an Access database. The input form would
have the cells for information and a report could be created in Invoice
design.

More importantly, with the database constructed relationally, all activity
for each customer would be easily seen together.

If you want to go this route and are not familiar with building a database,
email me the names of the fields to be populated and I will put together
something to see if you can make use of it.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"frode" wrote:

Hi guys, my first post here. I'm somewhat familiar with programming.

My problem is (maybe I'm just silly) that I want to generate a form
with the data from an excel row. I'm just making the simplest of
order-handling systems. We get orders in by mail/phone/fax etc, fill in
the appropriate lines in an excel sheet, and the I'd like to be able to
print out a very simple invoice from this, preferably by using a button
in the last column, or better by checking the lines I want for the
invoice and then generating it. The invoice is quite basic, currently a
word document, and it's no problem if we need to restructure this.

Any ideas about how to do this?

Best regards

--
frode
frode's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36293

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did consider this, and started in excel to keep it simple and quick
It might only be used for a week or two. But as you obviously conclude
(I should have too), a quick access base is probably better. I've got i
covered, but thanks for the offer, very helpful. :