Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to bypass password??

Hi

I have a workbook which when I open the document it comes up sayin
"Password" workbook is reserved by somebody" please enter in password"

is there a way to create a macro which would enter in the password the
press enter to open the workbook? I will be running this macro from
separate workbook and I know the password

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This may give you an idea for your problem. I use it to open a password
protected workbook from another open workbook, where both are in the same
folder. It then runs a macro that resides in the protected workbook within a
general code module.

Sub RunTracking()
Dim cdir As String
Dim wb As Workbook

For Each wb In Workbooks
If wb.name = "NCP Tracking.xls" Then
MsgBox ("NCP Tracking.xls is already open.")
Exit Sub
End If
Next wb
cdir = ActiveWorkbook.Path
Workbooks.Open cdir & "\NCP Tracking.xls", password:="NCP"
Application.Run ("'NCP Tracking.xls'!RunUpdate")
End Sub

Good Luck,
Mike F

"funkymonkUK"
wrote in message

Hi

I have a workbook which when I open the document it comes up saying
"Password" workbook is reserved by somebody" please enter in password"

is there a way to create a macro which would enter in the password then
press enter to open the workbook? I will be running this macro from a
separate workbook and I know the password.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi i tried the password property but no help.

I managed to get it to work if i used the following

Sub Macro1()

'cancel password which is Stewart

'Dim extractor As String
'extractor = ThisWorkbook.Name

'make file read-only
Application.SendKeys ("%r") '("stewart~")
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Desktop\Test.xls"
Sheets("home").Select

' ActiveWindow.Close

End Sub

when I run the sendkeys function it works however it places the wor
stewart which is the password in my code any where that I have th
cursor. Is there a way I could stop this

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55216

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You got me. There must be more to this than meets the eye, because the code:

Workbooks.Open "WorkBookPath", password:="MyPassword"

is standard code for opening a workbook with password.
Sendkeys is normally used on a different application that does not use VBA.
Maybe someone else has an idea to offer.

Mike F

"funkymonkUK"
wrote in message

hi i tried the password property but no help.

I managed to get it to work if i used the following

Sub Macro1()

'cancel password which is Stewart

'Dim extractor As String
'extractor = ThisWorkbook.Name

'make file read-only
Application.SendKeys ("%r") '("stewart~")
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Desktop\Test.xls"
Sheets("home").Select

' ActiveWindow.Close

End Sub

when I run the sendkeys function it works however it places the word
stewart which is the password in my code any where that I have the
cursor. Is there a way I could stop this?

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552161

link two cell from two workbook bypass password abbas_m19 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 21st 07 07:05 AM
Bypass Worksheet_Change Sub Matt Excel Programming 3 February 21st 06 09:57 PM
Bypass an Ken Loomis Excel Programming 4 July 3rd 05 04:34 PM
bypass password when update linking of password protected file Yan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 7th 05 11:29 PM
Macro to bypass password pop up alert No Name Excel Programming 1 October 2nd 04 07:01 PM