Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default how to bypass password??

You got me. There must be more to this than meets the eye, because the code:

Workbooks.Open "WorkBookPath", password:="MyPassword"

is standard code for opening a workbook with password.
Sendkeys is normally used on a different application that does not use VBA.
Maybe someone else has an idea to offer.

Mike F

"funkymonkUK"
wrote in message

hi i tried the password property but no help.

I managed to get it to work if i used the following

Sub Macro1()

'cancel password which is Stewart

'Dim extractor As String
'extractor = ThisWorkbook.Name

'make file read-only
Application.SendKeys ("%r") '("stewart~")
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Desktop\Test.xls"
Sheets("home").Select

' ActiveWindow.Close

End Sub

when I run the sendkeys function it works however it places the word
stewart which is the password in my code any where that I have the
cursor. Is there a way I could stop this?

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: