Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default how to bypass password??

This may give you an idea for your problem. I use it to open a password
protected workbook from another open workbook, where both are in the same
folder. It then runs a macro that resides in the protected workbook within a
general code module.

Sub RunTracking()
Dim cdir As String
Dim wb As Workbook

For Each wb In Workbooks
If wb.name = "NCP Tracking.xls" Then
MsgBox ("NCP Tracking.xls is already open.")
Exit Sub
End If
Next wb
cdir = ActiveWorkbook.Path
Workbooks.Open cdir & "\NCP Tracking.xls", password:="NCP"
Application.Run ("'NCP Tracking.xls'!RunUpdate")
End Sub

Good Luck,
Mike F

"funkymonkUK"
wrote in message

Hi

I have a workbook which when I open the document it comes up saying
"Password" workbook is reserved by somebody" please enter in password"

is there a way to create a macro which would enter in the password then
press enter to open the workbook? I will be running this macro from a
separate workbook and I know the password.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: