Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using BeforeRightClick in addins

Please help! I am using BeforeRightClick to run some code in Excel 2003 VBA
(XP Professional), and setting Cancel=True to disable the default drop down
menu. This works fine when I am working in the .xls worksheet in which the
code resides, but when I try to implement the sheet as an .xla addin, the
code never executes and the default cut.copy, paste etc. menu is all I get.
It doesn't appear to matter if I place the code in the Workbook or Worksheet
regions, or make it public or private, or anything else I have tried. Getting
frustrated!

Any suggestions or work-arounds would be most welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

You da man! I went to the recommended link and was up and running in 15
minutes. Consider my hat respectfully tipped...

HubbaBubba

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

built in events only apply to the workbook in which they are written. So
your event would only fire if you right clicked in the addin - which you
obviously can not do nor have any interest in trapping. You need to have
your addin instantiate and handle Application Level events.

See Chip Pearson's site for a gentle introduction similar to what is
available in help.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/appevents.htm

Tom Ogilvy