Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BeforeRightClick - XL2K on XP_Home

Hi all. I have a sheet with many columns and a whole BeforeRightClick thing,
such that if rightclicked column = x, do this ; if y, do that ; if z, do the
other. Come to think of it, I could probably use a Select Case but I
digress.

Anyway, is there any way I can get the event(s) to fire on pressing the
pop-up menu key (the one next to the r-hand CTRL)? OnKey won't cut it,
according to Help. BTW, where the heck's the CLEAR key?

TIA, either way have a good Xmas,
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Andy,

AFAIK, there is no event associated with showing the CELL commandbar.

You could easily re-write your event as a standard macro and assign it a
shortcut key.... post your code if you need help.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Andy Brown" wrote in message
Hi all. I have a sheet with many columns and a whole BeforeRightClick

thing,
such that if rightclicked column = x, do this ; if y, do that ; if z, do

the
other. Come to think of it, I could probably use a Select Case but I
digress.

Anyway, is there any way I can get the event(s) to fire on pressing the
pop-up menu key (the one next to the r-hand CTRL)? OnKey won't cut it,
according to Help. BTW, where the heck's the CLEAR key?

TIA, either way have a good Xmas,
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Andy,

AFAIK, there is no event associated with showing the CELL commandbar.

You could easily re-write your event as a standard macro and assign it a
shortcut key.... post your code if you need help.

I'm OK there ; I already have a few. It's just the user does a lot of
keyboarding, so rather than keep switching to the mouse I was hoping for
OnKey {CELL-commandbar-key} if column = 3, sub1 ; if column = 5, sub2, etc.

Thanks for your comments.

Rgds,
Andy