Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using BeforeRightClick in addins

built in events only apply to the workbook in which they are written. So
your event would only fire if you right clicked in the addin - which you
obviously can not do nor have any interest in trapping. You need to have
your addin instantiate and handle Application Level events.

See Chip Pearson's site for a gentle introduction similar to what is
available in help.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/appevents.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"hubbabubba" wrote:

Please help! I am using BeforeRightClick to run some code in Excel 2003 VBA
(XP Professional), and setting Cancel=True to disable the default drop down
menu. This works fine when I am working in the .xls worksheet in which the
code resides, but when I try to implement the sheet as an .xla addin, the
code never executes and the default cut.copy, paste etc. menu is all I get.
It doesn't appear to matter if I place the code in the Workbook or Worksheet
regions, or make it public or private, or anything else I have tried. Getting
frustrated!

Any suggestions or work-arounds would be most welcome.

addins KRK New Users to Excel 1 March 18th 10 07:34 PM
BeforeRightClick gk Excel Worksheet Functions 4 October 24th 09 02:54 PM
AddIns Sunday88310 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 2nd 07 04:04 AM
BeforeRightClick - XL2K on XP_Home Andy Brown Excel Programming 2 December 17th 04 12:56 AM
BeforeRightClick() and Cell menu John A Grandy Excel Programming 3 July 23rd 03 08:28 PM