Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Choose from pictures

Is it possible to create a type of drop down list where the user chooses from
a picture or graphic instead of text?
I'm creating a form to identify the configuration of a machine already at a
customer. I have many parts to choose from and a person in the field probably
won't know what the part number is but they will be able to look at the part.
It would be great if they were able to pick it out from a list of pictures
and then have the part number displayed in a cell next to it.
I found the info on having a picture displayed once a choice is made from a
drop down list. I'd like to do it the other way around.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's not exactly what you ask, but still may help you:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jono" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to create a type of drop down list where the user chooses from
a picture or graphic instead of text?
I'm creating a form to identify the configuration of a machine already at a
customer. I have many parts to choose from and a person in the field probably
won't know what the part number is but they will be able to look at the part.
It would be great if they were able to pick it out from a list of pictures
and then have the part number displayed in a cell next to it.
I found the info on having a picture displayed once a choice is made from a
drop down list. I'd like to do it the other way around.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just put the pictures on the sheet like a catalog.

Seems like for picture to be useful for recognition, it would have to be
fairly sizeable so that it would be cumbersome in a dropdown.

In any event, I think the controls shipped with VB6 might have some
application he
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186896/en-us
How To Use the ImageCombo Control with Visual Basic 6.0

http://www.1sayfa.com/1024/diger/vb/ch02.htm
scroll down to: Using Graphics with an ImageCombo

Tom Ogilvy