Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Default Storing Clip Art pictures in My Pictures folder

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. When I want to save clip art that I have put in a
worksheet, how do I store that clip art or picture in My Pictures folder so
that I can use it at a later date?

Thank hyou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Click the Start button, point to Accessories, and then click Paint.
2. Click the minimize icon on the top right corner. The Pint progam will be
diaplay on the Taskbar.
3. Open a New Microsoft Workbook.
4. On the View menu, click Task Pane. This will open a Task pane on the
right of the Excel workbook.
5. Click on the arrow on the top of the Task pane and select Clip Art.
6. In the Search for text box, enter a text (for example, type bird).
7. In the Search in list, select All check boxes
8. In the Select media type, click Clip Art
6. In the Result Should be list, Click to select any clip Art.
7. Click the Go button.
8. Click and select a clip art from the clip ar gallery, and then move on
the Excel icon on the taskbar.
9. Paint program opens; place the clip art in the paint program.
10. On the File menu, click Save As, the Save As dialog box appears, with
current folder as My pictures.
11. Tyep a name in the Fine name box.
12. Select a file type from the Save as type list.
13. Click Save to Save.

Challa Prabhu

"jfg" wrote:

"jfg" wrote:

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. When I want to save clip art that I have put in a
worksheet, how do I store that clip art or picture in My Pictures folder so
that I can use it at a later date?

Thank hyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you very much, Challa. I have one question. Your items 12 reads as
follows: "Select a file type from the Save as type list." What file type do
I choose for clip art and pictures?

Again, thank you very much. Your responses to questions are always so very
comprehensive. That's deeply appreciated.

jfg

"jfg" wrote:

"jfg" wrote:

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. When I want to save clip art that I have put in a
worksheet, how do I store that clip art or picture in My Pictures folder so
that I can use it at a later date?

Thank hyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Clipart files are GIF's

Office clipart files are stored in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\CLIPART
folder.

Just browse through them using your favorite graphics program and copy the
one(s) you want to your My Pictures folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"jfg" wrote:

"jfg" wrote:

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. When I want to save clip art that I have put in a
worksheet, how do I store that clip art or picture in My Pictures folder so
that I can use it at a later date?

Thank hyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you very muich, Gord. I had no idea that those files were already on my
computer, nor did I know that clipart files were GIF's.