Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default choose?

can you PLEASE indicate me where i can find an example of a spreadsheet where
i can see an example of CHOOSE function in all its forms and variations ??

eg : CHOOSE((B9="X")+2*(C9="Y")+1, "neither", 5, 6,"both")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why don't you GOOGLE the following:

Excel's CHOOSE function

You'll be busy reading for the next couple of hours...
--
Kevin Backmann

"pierre" wrote:

can you PLEASE indicate me where i can find an example of a spreadsheet where
i can see an example of CHOOSE function in all its forms and variations ??

eg : CHOOSE((B9="X")+2*(C9="Y")+1, "neither", 5, 6,"both")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Excel help file for the Choose function has several examples.
(depending on your Excel version - which you neglected to specify)

Seeing all the "forms and variations" is not realistic.
Each person entering the function can customize it to fit their needs.
(as is the sample you posted).

What may be of more help is understanding the order in which
calculations are done in Excel. In Excel help enter "calculation operators" or
"operator order" or "evaluation order" or similar text until you find the
explanation for the sequence in which calculation is done.

Using "Tools | Formula Auditing | Evaluate Formula" may also help.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA