Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using hlookup with sum/choose?

I am putting a daily sales report together. At the top of the data page is a
row for the dates (full year), #billing days per month, # billing days in the
quarter, and # billing days per year. I have put a hlookup together on a
seperate tab that takes an input date from the end-user and calculates the
start and end billing day number. Now I am trying to figure out how to
return the Month to date, quarter to date, and year to date sales numbers.
Basically, I need some sort of between statement that will pickup the sales
that fall between the billing dates. Any suggestions?

Example:
Billing day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Ref table start day: 4
Ref table end day: 7

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure I understand how your excel looks like. However take a look at
the "match" function. I hope this helps

"Stacey" wrote:

I am putting a daily sales report together. At the top of the data page is a
row for the dates (full year), #billing days per month, # billing days in the
quarter, and # billing days per year. I have put a hlookup together on a
seperate tab that takes an input date from the end-user and calculates the
start and end billing day number. Now I am trying to figure out how to
return the Month to date, quarter to date, and year to date sales numbers.
Basically, I need some sort of between statement that will pickup the sales
that fall between the billing dates. Any suggestions?

Example:
Billing day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Ref table start day: 4
Ref table end day: 7

Thank you.

Which function to choose? J-EL Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 9th 06 06:46 PM
Choose Function UD 9 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 25th 05 09:22 PM
Choose From a Range Freshman Excel Worksheet Functions 3 July 29th 05 10:41 AM
Choose. Rodney New Users to Excel 2 May 2nd 05 04:59 AM
CHOOSE function Mcniwram Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 21st 05 08:07 AM