Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import cells from excel into word and create multiple word docs

Let me first start off by saying hello. I am a long time browser o
this board and today I registered.
I have an excel spreadsheet with student ID numbers and scores fo
various tests. I have looked at the microsoft templates as well a
done an extensive search here and I have not been able to figure thi
out.
I want to create a button (or some type of function) in the excel fil
that will export the student ID and several of the test scores whic
are in the same row into a word document I have created. I would lik
to be able to select any student or students and then press the butto
to fill in the word template with their information and save it as
new document with the student ID as the name.
I do not know how to set this up.
I use excel almost every day but I have very little experience wit
macros.
Any help as to which direction to head with this would be muc
appreciated.

-Cha

--
scdaddy726
scdaddy7269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3263

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chad,

It is more of a Word issue ...
Indeed, If you take a look at the MailMerge function in Word, you will
be able to have your excel spreadsheet acting as the reference database

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, the solution was much easier than expected.

I appreciate it.

-Cha