Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Upgrade, now buttons point wrong

I was upgraded from Win/Office 2000 to Win/Office XP. Among other changes
was my UserName folder. I've got Personal.xls in the XLSTART folder, but
all my custom macro buttons point to a Personal that's supposed to be in
emillis\Application Data\etc, rather than edward.millis\Application
Data\etc.

It would be nice if there was a setting I could change in Excel that tells
it to look in a different folder, or change the address of evey button vib
VBA - else I have to do them all one by one! ANy help wioth this?
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the Alternate Startup Directory. Go to the Tools
menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, put your
folder name in the "At startup, open all files in" setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ed" wrote in message
I was upgraded from Win/Office 2000 to Win/Office XP. Among
other changes was my UserName folder. I've got Personal.xls in
the XLSTART folder, but all my custom macro buttons point to a
Personal that's supposed to be in emillis\Application Data\etc,
rather than edward.millis\Application Data\etc.

It would be nice if there was a setting I could change in Excel
that tells it to look in a different folder, or change the
address of evey button vib VBA - else I have to do them all one
by one! ANy help wioth this?
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Thanks for responding, Chip. I think I might not have been clear, though:
Personal.xls is opening from the XLSTART folder as it should be, but the
folder path has changed with the update and the button were all addressed
with the previous folder path.

I was thinking I would need to iterate through every toolbar and button,
find the macro assignment address, and change that. I'm also thinking
that's too much trouble and it would be less time to edit each one manually!

Cheers!
Ed

"Ed" wrote in message
I was upgraded from Win/Office 2000 to Win/Office XP. Among other changes
was my UserName folder. I've got Personal.xls in the XLSTART folder, but
all my custom macro buttons point to a Personal that's supposed to be in
emillis\Application Data\etc, rather than edward.millis\Application
Data\etc.

It would be nice if there was a setting I could change in Excel that
tells it to look in a different folder, or change the address of evey
button vib VBA - else I have to do them all one by one! ANy help wioth
this?
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Problem fixed. A bit more Google searching using some different terms
brought up a few discussions on this with some macro codes. Embarrassingly,
one thread was begun by me, asking about this same issue a while ago.
*sigh* Note to self - make a note to myself about problems I've fixed
before.

Thanks for helping, Chip.
Ed