Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pipe a Paragraph to a bookmark in Word

Hi,
I am a newbie to VBA but have ample generic programming skills.
I have setup paragraphs in code within Excel VBA. Set the necessary
bookmarks in Word. When Excel document is executed, the word document is
populated with these paragraphs, thats okay, now the fun starts.
Questions:
1. How do I get certain fields to display in bold or italic (done thru Excel
VBA)
2. If certain part of the word document is split into 3 columns, how do I
align data to start the display on the same row. Note 'column 1' could have
1 line data, 'Column 2' could have 5 lines data and column 3 could have 2
lines data. So the next section of data should really start on row 7 leaving
row 6 as blank.

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

You'd be better off asking these in a Word newsgroup, because you're asking
about the Word object model. Or at least post to both groups at the same
time. That being said, here's what I come up with:

1. How do I get certain fields to display in bold or italic (done thru

Excel
VBA)

Bookmark.Range.Font should let you set font formatting.

2. If certain part of the word document is split into 3 columns, how do I
align data to start the display on the same row. Note 'column 1' could

have
1 line data, 'Column 2' could have 5 lines data and column 3 could have 2
lines data. So the next section of data should really start on row 7

leaving
row 6 as blank.

You would be better off setting your data into a table, if this kind of
alignment is critical. The top of a table row will be the same for each
cell in the row (just like an Excel row). You can not guarantee this kind
of alignment with columns without some real fancy stuff (which is way out of
my league). Or you could make every line of text a separate paragraph, and
add additional paragraphs to each column until their Paragraph.Count numbers
are equal.

HTH
Ed