Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hyperlinking from an Excel cell to a bookmark in Word

I am trying to hyperlink data in an excel sheet to a bookmarked location
within a Word document. Both documents exist on the same server, but not yet
published to the web. This is a trial run to see whether linking excel data
to a source Word document would be helpful to readers. The Help file makes a
few suggestions:

=HYPERLINK("[http://example.microsoft.com/Annual Report.doc]QrtlyProfits",
"Quarterly Profit Report")

The bookmark name is "QrtlyProfits" But this is for a document already
published to the web, ours is not at this time. A second suggestion:

=HYPERLINK("D:\FINANCE\1stqtr.xls", H10)

But this example simply opens 1stqtr.xls. without a bookmark. Neither
example really pertains to my situation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saved this:

If I want a link in Excel that points at a specific location in an MSWord
document, I'd add a bookmark to that document and use one of these:

(Insert|hyperlink style)
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01
Or
=hyperlink() style:
=hyperlink("C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01")

=========
Watch for that # symbol and you don't want those [] symbols.

--

Dave Peterson