Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locked Cells Problem...

I seem to get inconsistent results when protecting excel workheet formula
cells.
This is the normal procedure I follow.

1. Click top left corner to highlight all cells

2. Format | Cells | Protection tab |uncheck the "Locked" check box......to
remove all locked formatting from the sheet.

3. I then select all the formulae cells I want to lock

4. Format | Cells | Protection Tab | Check the "Locked" box

5. Then I select Tools | Protection and enter a password twice.

Sometimes the worksheets (any I create) seems to lock more cells than the
ones I selected....producing a warning box to indicate the cells are
protected. On other occasions it works exactly as I planned.....i.e locks the
formula cells only!! Could this be a known glitch or is it something to do
with the above procedure I am using?

Also, using another worksheet I created....this is a separate question....

File | Save As | Tools General Options | Password to open / Password to
Modify.......
Is there a way to have it generate a different password based on date? i.e
password XYZ today.....then when it pases midnight.....PQR.
I created a worksheet and this is what's happening and I don't understand
what I've done....I've checked for macros and viruses...nothing
found.....oddly enougth it's only this one worksheet that's affected.....I
have
to run sofware to reveal my freshly born password...otherwise the worksheet
is fine........any advise would be appreciated....oh and it can't be the way
I have configured my computer
because I have tried the same worksheet in two other machines....so I assume
from this it's a self contained option from within my worksheet....what am I
overlooking?