Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Locked for editing problem...

Evening/Afternoon all

I think I may have created myself a nice little pickle.
I have hijacked the default CTRL+V functionality in my workbook to implement
paste special paste text only, to preserve the formatting of my worksheet.

Anyway, it worked fine for a while, but now when I use CTRL+V i get a
"filename.xls is locked for editing...." error message - and the paste
function fails.

If I remove the macro CTRL+V funtionality - all returns to normal - it's
just when I re-implement it.

Anyone experienced this before, or know of any solutions to the issue?

I have tried clearing caches, copy/renaming the file, reboting, starting
excel with /regsrvcs (or something like that) in the command line - all to no
avail.

:-(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OMG!

Just tried 'Save As...' another file name to another directory and it's
started to work again!!

What is going on there????