Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm a mechanical designer in mechanical field, in a project we have varies
type of support with differents height, I use excel to calculate all the
details value and intend to share this worksheet with other. I will only wish
to allow user to fill in the support height, the rest will be generate by
excel. If I have lots of support , that's mean the user have to copy and
paste in a new row, If I protected the work sheet, user are not allow to
paste in a new row. That's why I need to paste some locked cells in an
protected sheet.

angeline wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But the first time someone pasted their data over your locked cells that contain
your formulas, I bet you'd want excel to stop them.

I don't see how excel could support both requirements.

But maybe you could provide them some macro that did exactly what you want.

angeline wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not keen in macro, I just know some simple formula like if. else , or..

If I want to write a macro for this situation :
anyone who insert a row between the locked and unlocked cells row, the row
come with above or below fumula locked or unlocked cells (in protected sheet)
How to write and Is it hard to write ?

angeline wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Start by recording a macro when you do it manually.

You'll have to tweak the code--maybe add some extra checks.

If you have trouble, post back with your questions.

angeline wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ps...

David McRitchie has some code to insert rows and copy formulas at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

angeline wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Angeline J.....I got a sheet for steel support and beams - basics - with
varying end restraints - wanna try this one sheet good for as many steel
sections you will prefer...Input length alone and steel index number...

"angeline" wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

how can i send it...can u mail me on "
--
"Bright minds are blessed to those who share them.."-rsb.

"angeline" wrote:

yes, please

"angeline" wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, i try to attached the file but when i am sending it, something pop-up in
the window and have message in unreadable character, maybe chinese....are you
chinese...where do you live....i hope you have another email address...keep
in touch..

"angeline" wrote:

Hi, the mail sent to you is bounce back.
Can you email to ?

"romelsb" wrote:

how can i send it...can u mail me on "
--
"Bright minds are blessed to those who share them.."-rsb.

"angeline" wrote:

yes, please

"angeline" wrote:

Please allow paste locked cells and unlocked cells in protected sheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry for waiting....I just sent the workbook today successfully thru my
other mail address...
try to roam around its formulation and use the auditing toolbars.....
more power

"romelsb" wrote:

how can i send it...can u mail me on "
--
"Bright minds are blessed to those who share them.."-rsb.

"angeline" wrote:

yes, please