Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Incorrect resolution when printing.

When we print a spreadsheet to our Unidrv-based printer, it appears that it
is printing at 1200 DPI. This is the Master Units setting for the printer. I
have not confirmed this, but the lines in the spreadsheet are only 1 pixel
wide.

If I go to the Print Quality setting and set 600 DPI, or any other DPI, they
are wider.

Before I set the Print Quality, the select box is blank.

I can post this in the driver forum too, but they are just going to tell me
it's an Excel issue.

Can you tell me what Excel expects to get the Print Qualtiy set
automatically? Is it normal for this field to be blank?

Thank you in advance...

--
You're unique, just like everyone else.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

This newsgroup is mainly discussing Excel programming issue.
e.g. How to change the format of certain cells via Object Modal in VBA
macro.

This issue seems to be use of Excel, I think you may try to post in the
newsgroup below.
microsoft.public.excel

Also I think you may try to set the Print Quality of the Printer when you
try to print the Excel Sheet.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I found this blank when multiple sheets are selected and they have different
page setups.
I seems that the print driver is somewhat responsible, because this happens
if printing to Adobe PDF but printing to a Toshiba printer shows the active
page resolution; ie. not blank.

NickHK

"technoway" wrote in message
When we print a spreadsheet to our Unidrv-based printer, it appears that

it
is printing at 1200 DPI. This is the Master Units setting for the printer.

have not confirmed this, but the lines in the spreadsheet are only 1 pixel
wide.

If I go to the Print Quality setting and set 600 DPI, or any other DPI,

they
are wider.

Before I set the Print Quality, the select box is blank.

I can post this in the driver forum too, but they are just going to tell

me
it's an Excel issue.

Can you tell me what Excel expects to get the Print Qualtiy set
automatically? Is it normal for this field to be blank?

Thank you in advance...

--
You're unique, just like everyone else.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I found the following VB code snippet on the Internet.

Sub SetPrintQuality()

For Each xSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
xSheet.PageSetup.PrintQuality = 600
Next xSheet

End Sub

I alread have an office Addin written in C++. I presume that the COM objects
accessed using VB are also accessible by C++.

My first question is, is there any notification of a new document being
loaded so that I can use the code above to force all pages to have the same
print quality.

Next, any useful information on the C++ type libararies corresponding to the
VB code would be useful if anyone happens to know it. If not, VB tips would
still be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

--

""Peter Huang" [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi

This newsgroup is mainly discussing Excel programming issue.
e.g. How to change the format of certain cells via Object Modal in VBA
macro.

This issue seems to be use of Excel, I think you may try to post in the
newsgroup below.
microsoft.public.excel

Also I think you may try to set the Print Quality of the Printer when you
try to print the Excel Sheet.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please note, my reply three posts up regarding the VB example was posted at
the same time as my last reply. I didn't realize it wouldn't show at the
bottom if I replied to a post in the middle. I am under a tight schedule and
I fear (perhaps unecessarily) that it will not be read. I really need to know
if there are interfaces for what is discussed in that post.

Thank you in advance.
--

"technoway" wrote in message
When we print a spreadsheet to our Unidrv-based printer, it appears that

it
is printing at 1200 DPI. This is the Master Units setting for the printer.

have not confirmed this, but the lines in the spreadsheet are only 1 pixel
wide.

If I go to the Print Quality setting and set 600 DPI, or any other DPI,

they
are wider.

Before I set the Print Quality, the select box is blank.

I can post this in the driver forum too, but they are just going to tell

me
it's an Excel issue.

Can you tell me what Excel expects to get the Print Qualtiy set
automatically? Is it normal for this field to be blank?

Thank you in advance...

--
You're unique, just like everyone else.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Yes, we use the same Object Modal, whatever programming language we are
using.

The document in Excel is the Object Workbook.
There is a BeforePrint Event, you may take a look to see if that is you
want.

For detailed information we can consult the VBA helper about the OM.
Commonly it is located in the path below.
<Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM