Mike G

Default chart resolution

How can I change the resolution of the charts I create in excel? When I
paste a chart into photoshop I find that the resolution is very low.
Mike Middleton

Select the chart (click just inside its outer border). Hold down the Shift
key, and choose Edit | Copy Picture. Try some of those options.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Mike G" <Mike wrote in message
How can I change the resolution of the charts I create in excel? When I
paste a chart into photoshop I find that the resolution is very low.

Jon Peltier

If you copy as a picture (bitmap), you typically get the same resolution
as your screen (like 96 dpi). If you use the 'As Printed' option, this
might give you the same resolution as your printer (300 or 600 dpi).

I don't know whether PhotoShop accepts metafile imports, which is what
you get using copy picture (picture).

I've converted workbooks and PowerPoint/Word files with embedded charts
to PDF, and when imported into programs like PageMaker, these produce
very nice printed output (postscript printers only).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services