Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Screen Resolution

I have created a workbook/worksheets using a monitor with 1280 x 1024
resolution. My worksheets were developed to perfectly fit the screen. But
when someone else uses it they may not have 1280 x 1024 resolution... say
1024 x 768. In this case part of the worksheet is out side of the screen.

Info that I got from this group says not to change someone elses screen
resolution. So what I want to do is when the workbook opens it checks the
screen resolution of the compter and then adjusts the "Zoom" to the
appropiate level so that the worksheet will fit on the screen. For example
if it 1024 x 768 it would set the "Zoom" to 75%.

Secondly, is there a chart with "Zoom" levels for differant resolutions and
is it possible to set resolutions such as 73%? Mine seems to defult to (or
be the same) as 75%.

Any help on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You know the range you want to show, so

Range("A1:M20").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = True

Tom Ogilvy

"Ronbo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom:

This works somewhat but with problems. First of all if I use macro buttons
to change worksheets it works, but if I use sheet tabs it gives me a
completly differant look and sheet size. The Range is A1..S58 the range that
it creates with the tab is A1..V63. It also adds back row & column headers,
which I don't want. It has some potential but it is ackward.

1. I like your simple approach but any idea on the problems?
2. Is my method possible?