Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I create an executable excel file?

How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can use
it whether they have Excel or not.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stephen,

Your users must have a copy of Excel.

---
Regards,
Norman

"StephenAccountant" wrote in
message ...
How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can
use
it whether they have Excel or not.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or the free Excel Viewer.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.

Depends what you mean by "use".

NickHK

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Stephen,

Your users must have a copy of Excel.

---
Regards,
Norman

"StephenAccountant" wrote in
message ...
How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can
use
it whether they have Excel or not.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stephen,
You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or shell
out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.

NickHK

"NickHK" wrote:

Or the free Excel Viewer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.

Depends what you mean by "use".

NickHK

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Stephen,

Your users must have a copy of Excel.

---
Regards,
Norman

"StephenAccountant"

wrote in
message ...
How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in

my
workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they

can
use
it whether they have Excel or not.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.openoffice.org/

Free MS Office workalike.

Tom Ogilvy

"NickHK" wrote:

Stephen,
You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or

shell
out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.

NickHK

"StephenAccountant" wrote

in
message ...