Ofigomez

Default How can generate an executable file from Excel?

I would like to compile my Excel workbooks to be able to create stand alone
executable files.
Anne Troy

I talk about it a little bit here under "For Resale":
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/p...plications.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ofigomez" wrote in message
I would like to compile my Excel workbooks to be able to create stand alone
executable files.

Ofigomez

Thanks for your prompt reply. Where can I purchase VBA and what is the cost
of this language?

"Ofigomez" wrote:

I would like to compile my Excel workbooks to be able to create stand alone
executable files.

Anne Troy

I assume you mean VB, not VBA. VBA comes automatically with Microsoft Office
and a few other applications, and is installed by default. But VB... a few
hundred bucks at eBay and other places, and it's "going out" (tho many still
use it and many I've spoken to said they still will use it for a long time).
Lots are moving to "Dot Net" (see
http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/VB6vsVBNet.asp). But if it were mine, I'd do
it in VB6. We're managing http://www.mediasystemtools.com/, which started as
an Excel app; and www.billcollectorinabox.com. Both are VB6. Anyway, I just
searched and am having a hard time finding where to buy it. If I were you,
I'd go to www.rentacoder.com (or some place like it) and hook up with a VB
programmer. Likely, you could put a max bid of a couple hundred, and get
someone to program it for you. Be picky. Be very, very picky.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ofigomez" wrote:

I would like to compile my Excel workbooks to be able to create stand
alone
executable files.

Jerry W. Lewis

VBA is the native macro language included with all versions of Excel
since Excel 5.

Visual Basic (the standalone language suggested in Anne's reference) is
produced by Microsoft and can be purchased from any software vendor that
sells programming languages. VB is also included in Microsoft Visual
Studio.

Jerry