Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default How do I create an executable excel file?

Stephen,
You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or shell
out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.

NickHK

"StephenAccountant" wrote in
message ...
Use as in add data into the workbook and save it.

I didn't think the Excel Viewer could do that.

"NickHK" wrote:

Or the free Excel Viewer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.

Depends what you mean by "use".

NickHK

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Stephen,

Your users must have a copy of Excel.

---
Regards,
Norman

"StephenAccountant"

wrote in
message ...
How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in

my
workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they

can
use
it whether they have Excel or not.