Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What's in your Extension Menu?

I have a spreadsheet which adds a drop-down menu providing half a dozen
facilities missing from standard Excel. For example, there's Rename
Workbook because that's awkward in Excel.
Because it's located in the XLSTART folder, the spreadsheet loads when
Excel starts and these facilities are always available.

Question is - what's in your extension menu?

Just my thoughts, Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a Hide and Unhide Sheets option on the tab menu.

I also have dozens of utilitilities on a custom toolbar, such as
insert/delete row, Text To Columns, a sheet list dropdown, cell format
textbox, etc. etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cjakeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a spreadsheet which adds a drop-down menu providing half a dozen
facilities missing from standard Excel. For example, there's Rename
Workbook because that's awkward in Excel.
Because it's located in the XLSTART folder, the spreadsheet loads when
Excel starts and these facilities are always available.

Question is - what's in your extension menu?

Just my thoughts, Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,

Do any of your utilities go beyond what Excel provides as standard?

Excel provides a sheet list dropdown (or more accurately a popup)
accessed by right-clicking on the arrows in the bottom left corner.
Does yours do anything different?

I've got an insert/delete row, but it copies the row(s) to a hidden
buffer so that they can be pasted back during insert. It's great and I
couldn't manage without it now. Is that what you meant?

Just my thoughts, Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, my sheet list doesn't do anything more, but I prefer it always visible
in a toolbar. My cell format box though allows me to change a cell format
without going FormatCellsCustom. The Row Insert/Delete allows me to simply
delete or inserts rows and columns from a cell, not having to select the
whole thing (I also have insert/delete cells). My Hide/Unhide sheets on the
tab menu provides block sheets, not one at a time, or having to select many.

I have many others, and essentially, they either don't add to Excel's
functionality, or extend it in small ways, but they are much more immediate
in use, so saving time with oft repeated tasks.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...