Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default .xls Extension

After re-installing Windows XP all my folders that contail Spreadsheets have
the .xls file extension attachen. (Others, too...) I would like to change
back to filnames WITHOUT the extension, but cannot find anything to change
that (Neith in Excel, nor in the Control Panel/Folder Options. Any ideas?
--
Felix
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Felix
You should find it under /Control Panel/Folder Options/View/ Select " Hide
Extensions for known File Types "
Regards
Cimjet
"Felix" wrote in message
After re-installing Windows XP all my folders that contail Spreadsheets
have
the .xls file extension attachen. (Others, too...) I would like to change
back to filnames WITHOUT the extension, but cannot find anything to change
that (Neith in Excel, nor in the Control Panel/Folder Options. Any ideas?
--
Felix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You state "all my FOLDER names have an .xls extension"

Did you mean filenames within the Folders have the .xls extension?

See other reply.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP