Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Quick menus not working

I have a spreadsheet that replaces the usual quick menus with some of my
own.

On all my work computers it works fine, except one (a Sony Vaio notebook).
The version of excel is the same but on the Sony the usual quick menus
appear and my vba created ones don't.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking for an answer to
this?

Tony Armstrong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tony,

This is an Excel issue and is independent of the computer.

If the personalised menus are set up and removed with event code - possibly
in the Workbook Open and BeforeClose events - it is possible that events
were turned off when the file was loaded.

To rectify, or to exclude this possibility, prior to loading the problematic
workbook, type the command:

Application.EnableEvents = True

in the Immediate window and hit Enter.

---
Regards,
Norman

"BowMag" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that replaces the usual quick menus with some of my
own.

On all my work computers it works fine, except one (a Sony Vaio notebook).
The version of excel is the same but on the Sony the usual quick menus
appear and my vba created ones don't.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking for an answer to
this?

Tony Armstrong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

another thought

on the Vaio : look at the .Protection property of the commandbar where
you are adding your controls. It may include the MsoBarNoCustomize flag.
(accidental or intentional you never know)

The property is a long which is the combination of several flags.
see help on "Protection Property (Office) for details on the various
flags. (msoBarprotection constants)

to circumvent these issues i use code like:

with commandbars(x)
lProt = .protection
..protection=0

'do your stuff