Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 customize quick access toolsbar adding menus commands

I have added a "Menu Commands" to the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007.

But I cannot find out how to:

1) Add Commands to the "Menu Commands"
2) Change the "Menu Commands" name.

I would like to make a menu-item on the Quick Access Toolbar, in which i
have several commands. And even sub-menus of this menu-item.

In other words I would like to make the transition much easier to "old"
Excel 2003/Excel XP users.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the terms you want to do this it is not possible. That is you cannot
simply drag a button to the QAT as you could on the old toolbars.

You can write some code to add the button to the 'add-in' tab and then right
click on it here to add it to the QAT or you could write your own tabs in
ribbonX

These are about your only customisation options I'm afraid

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Søren Thade Petersen" wrote
in message ...
I have added a "Menu Commands" to the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007.

But I cannot find out how to:

1) Add Commands to the "Menu Commands"
2) Change the "Menu Commands" name.

I would like to make a menu-item on the Quick Access Toolbar, in which i
have several commands. And even sub-menus of this menu-item.

In other words I would like to make the transition much easier to "old"
Excel 2003/Excel XP users.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 customize quick access toolsbar adding menus comman

Hi Nick and thanks for you reply!

Actually today I change the menus of Excel XP by code (VBA-code), and not by
drag'n'drop. Is this what you mean when you write, that you can add code ???

If you have any recomendations as to read more about customization of the
QAT, that would be very nice!

Yours faithfully

Søren Thade Petersen

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But I cannot find out how to:

1) Add Commands to the "Menu Commands"
2) Change the "Menu Commands" name.

The "Menu Commands" control that you have manually added to the QAT is just
a shortcut to the Menu Commands group of the Add-Ins tab (this you know I'm
sure). So, whatever you add to the Menu Commands group is available via the
QAT too.

So, how do you add something to this group? You cannot directly do that but
you can do it indirectly using the Commandbars object model. Anything you
add using Commandbars to any built-in Excel menu is automatically 'moved' to
the Menu Commands group in Excel 2007.

So, run this code and you should see a new button added to the Menu Commands
on the QAT.

With CommandBars("File").Controls.Add(msoControlButton, , , , True)
.Caption = "MyBtn"
.OnAction = "MyMacro"
End With

2) Change the "Menu Commands" name.

That you cannot do, as far as I know. You can change the button face though
but doing so is not "supported" according to MS.

--
Jim
"Søren Thade Petersen" wrote
Hi Nick and thanks for you reply!

Actually today I change the menus of Excel XP by code (VBA-code), and not
by
drag'n'drop. Is this what you mean when you write, that you can add code
???