Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Customizing Menus and Quick Access Toolbar in 2007

In Excel 2003 I was able to add a menu and then add macros to it. I was also
able to add macros to custom buttons to any toolbar. In 2007 I can create a
custom button within a workbook to which I can add a macro, but how do I add
it to the ribbon bar? How do I add a button with a macro assigned to it to
the Quick Access Toolbar? Incidentally, I'm still using Windows XP. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Click on €˜Cusomize Quick Access Toolbar
Then €˜More commands
In the dialog that opens, drop down the €˜Choose commands from menu and
select €˜Macros
Your macro should be visible in the left hand pane.
Add it to your Quick Access Toolbar, then you can modify the icon if you want.
Hope this helps

"Loris" wrote:

In Excel 2003 I was able to add a menu and then add macros to it. I was also
able to add macros to custom buttons to any toolbar. In 2007 I can create a
custom button within a workbook to which I can add a macro, but how do I add
it to the ribbon bar? How do I add a button with a macro assigned to it to
the Quick Access Toolbar? Incidentally, I'm still using Windows XP. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

How, can one edit icons. You can choose among a list of ready-made ones for
existing commands but there seems to be no way to edit or create an image for
any new command(macro) you attach. It's almost like working in Macworld,
where Apple decides what you do and don't need.