Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Manual Calculation not working?

I have a report that pulls in data using a 3rd party add-in which is
basically pulling in from an SQL server. I have this file set to Manual
Calculation and normally when I opened the file it would open and not try to
calculate. Recently, however, when I open the file it is trying to update
some of the data on other worksheets. Even though I am on, say Sheet1, I
can actually see data values from other worksheets on the screen as they are
updated. The only thing I can think of that changed is going from Office XP
to Office 2003. Any thoughts on what is happening and how to make it stop?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I could be wrong, but I don't think stopping calculation will stop
automatic refreshes of external queries. See if you can right-click the
data and select 'properties' - if so, disable automatic refresh.
Otherwise, check what your add-in has actually done and finally check
that the workbook has no code that runs on opening that could revert
excel to your original settings.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not able to select any refresh options, but I didn't think I'd be able
to. The add-in is 3rd party and is password protected, so I don't know how
it works. What is does is provide functions that (I assume) query the
database and provide the data. This is only supposed to happen when the
sheet calculates, but as I said, it recently changed. This only seems to be
a problem on certain sheets, and when it is done the workbook has not been
completely calculated (at least I still see Calculate at the bottom left of
the screen). There are also no Workbook_Open procedures. Thanks for the
suggestions...any more thoughts?

oups.com...