Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formating cells

I have a worksheet that completes very simple functions, such as keeping
track of time accrued over a one month period. the cells will not allow me
to enter fractions or numbers less than one. When I enter ".75", I get the
error screen "you must enter a whole number greater than zero." The
interesting thing is that while the error screen is up, the calculations that
I have programmed (simple formula of adding across a row). When I hit the
cancel button, the data is removed from the cell. I have tried all of the
types of formatting cells and continually come across the same error message.
Can someone direct me in the right direction? Is this just a strange
glitch? i have done a moderate amount of Excel work and have never run into
this....thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you so much!!!! I was never aware that function was present. I intend
on distributing this program to a bunch of individuals that are not familiar
with excel, that will need to enter data. I fear that they will do something
wrong and hit the delete button and erase the formulas that belong to that
cell. Will locking it stop that from happening, or will I need to inservice
everyone?

thank you once again