Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake in PGH Jake in PGH is offline

Default formating cells

I have a worksheet that completes very simple functions, such as keeping
track of time accrued over a one month period. the cells will not allow me
to enter fractions or numbers less than one. When I enter ".75", I get the
error screen "you must enter a whole number greater than zero." The
interesting thing is that while the error screen is up, the calculations that
I have programmed (simple formula of adding across a row). When I hit the
cancel button, the data is removed from the cell. I have tried all of the
types of formatting cells and continually come across the same error message.
Can someone direct me in the right direction? Is this just a strange
glitch? i have done a moderate amount of Excel work and have never run into
this....thank you