Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elias Petursson

Default conditional formating cells i Excel based on other cells values

is it possible to use conditional formating based on the value in other cell

that is can I use conditional formating in cell A3 based on the value in
cell A1
--
Iceland is almost on the top of the world:)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

The answer is YES!

HTH
--
AP

"Elias Petursson" a écrit dans le
message de news: ...
is it possible to use conditional formating based on the value in other
cell

that is can I use conditional formating in cell A3 based on the value in
cell A1
--
Iceland is almost on the top of the world:)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Elias,

On the conitional formating box change the 1st box to Formula.

Marcelo - Brazil

"Elias Petursson" escreveu:

is it possible to use conditional formating based on the value in other cell

that is can I use conditional formating in cell A3 based on the value in
cell A1
--
Iceland is almost on the top of the world:)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Elias Petursson" wrote:
is it possible to use conditional formating based on the value in other cell
that is can I use conditional formating in cell A3 based on the value in
cell A1

Yes, perhaps a quick tinker to illustrate ..

Select A3
Click Format Cond Formatting
Under Condition 1, make it as:
Formula is: =A110
Click Format button Patterns tab Green? OK
Click OK at the main dialog

Test it out ..
Input a figure 10 into A1, A3 should be filled green
Change A1 to a fig less than 10, A3's green fill would disappear
--
Max
Singapore