Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marty

Default formating of certain cells not possible!

Office XP
We have aspreadsheet and we just noticed that some of the horizontal
gridlines in certain cells through out the sheet are grayed out. No Fill. If
we right click on the those cells and then click on "format Cells" (which BTW
is NOT grayed out) -nothing. The format box doesnt not appear!! Also the
margin box is NOT grayed out yet it has no affect on the cell. In further
checking we noticed that this problem is not limited to the grid lines. In
cells with text or numbers we can enter data, etc. but be can not apply any
cell formatting to them. If we scroll around we can find cells that are
formatable in the normal fashion. There is no links, protection, white
cells,etc. Any ideas????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marty

"Marty" wrote:

Office XP
We have aspreadsheet and we just noticed that some of the horizontal
gridlines in certain cells through out the sheet are grayed out. No Fill. If
we right click on the those cells and then click on "format Cells" (which BTW
is NOT grayed out) -nothing. The format box doesnt not appear!! Also the
margin box is NOT grayed out yet it has no affect on the cell. In further
checking we noticed that this problem is not limited to the grid lines. In
cells with text or numbers we can enter data, etc. but be can not apply any
cell formatting to them. If we scroll around we can find cells that are
formatable in the normal fashion. There is no links, protection, white
cells,etc. Any ideas????

I just found that this "problem" is confined to cols "B" to "L". Is it
possible to :prevent formating changes to spefic cols?