Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default spliting out data in one field into two

Hi, I have a speadsheet where I need to split data out of one field in two
and six fields instead. Here is what I have.

01-02-400-003-000
I need to split these out into 5 different fields by the hyphen.

2004015608
I need to separte out this by the first 4 numbers; into two fields.

Is there a forumula that does this?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ginab,

01-02-400-003-000
I need to split these out into 5 different fields by the hyphen.

Try:

Data | Text to columns | Delimited | Next | Enter a hyphen in the 'Other'
option

2004015608
I need to separte out this by the first 4 numbers; into two fields

Try:

Data | Text to columns | Fixed width | ...

---
Regards,
Norman