Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparison of modules

Is there any way to automatically compare line-by-line the contents of two
modules from two different workbooks, in a way similar to the document
comparison functions within word processors?
--
Lon Sarnoff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I feel silly responding to my own post. But I just realized that I can
export the modules and then compare them within the word processor. Is there
any way of doing it without exiting Excel?
--
Lon Sarnoff

"Lon Sarnoff" wrote:

Is there any way to automatically compare line-by-line the contents of two
modules from two different workbooks, in a way similar to the document
comparison functions within word processors?
--
Lon Sarnoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could export the modules from VBA, and then read them back in as text
files, comparing as you go. The problem with that is knowing when a fatal
mis-match occurs, you would have to code all of that. Other programs tend to
already have that sort of comparison facility built-in (I use Textpad).

--

HTH

RP

"Lon Sarnoff" wrote:

Is there any way to automatically compare line-by-line the contents of

two
modules from two different workbooks, in a way similar to the document
comparison functions within word processors?
--
Lon Sarnoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lon,
Whilst it does not compare the text directly, this add-on is useful:
http://www.mztools.com/

Also, TextPad has an ASP syntax file that you could extend to cover you
needs in VB/VBA:
http://www.textpad.com/

NickHK

"Lon Sarnoff" wrote in message
Is there any way to automatically compare line-by-line the contents of two
modules from two different workbooks, in a way similar to the document
comparison functions within word processors?
--
Lon Sarnoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

I have 4,

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files/vb.zip

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files/vb5.zip

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files/svb.zip

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files/visual_basic.zip

The last is VB6 specific.

They even have VB.Net and VBScript syntax files.

--

HTH

RP

"NickHK" wrote in message
Lon,
Whilst it does not compare the text directly, this add-on is useful:
http://www.mztools.com/

Also, TextPad has an ASP syntax file that you could extend to cover

you
needs in VB/VBA:
http://www.textpad.com/

NickHK

"Lon Sarnoff" wrote in message
Is there any way to automatically compare line-by-line the contents

of
two
modules from two different workbooks, in a way similar to the

document
comparison functions within word processors?
--
Lon Sarnoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,
Thanks, but seem to have moved. Now at:
http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files...sual_basic.zip

etc...

"NickHK" wrote in message
Lon,
Whilst it does not compare the text directly, this add-on is useful:
http://www.mztools.com/

Also, TextPad has an ASP syntax file that you could extend to cover

you
needs in VB/VBA:
http://www.textpad.com/

NickHK