Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Recalc Time

Hi All...........
Could anyone please tell me that when I send a formula to a cell of an
ActiveSheet with VBA and Excel does a "Recalc", is it only Recalculating that
one sheet or every sheet in the workbook?......If it does them all, how might
I be able to turn off the Recalc at the beginning of my macro for "all
sheets" and then only turn it on for the ONE SHEET I want to recalculate with
each segment of the macro and then turn the whole thing back on when the
macro finishes?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possibly set calculation to manual(application.Calculation = xlManual)

then use the
Activesheet.Calculate

command in your macro after you "send a formula to a cell".

at the end, set application.Calculation = xlAutomatic

might work.

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All...........
Could anyone please tell me that when I send a formula to a cell of an
ActiveSheet with VBA and Excel does a "Recalc", is it only Recalculating

that
one sheet or every sheet in the workbook?......If it does them all, how

might
I be able to turn off the Recalc at the beginning of my macro for "all
sheets" and then only turn it on for the ONE SHEET I want to recalculate

with
each segment of the macro and then turn the whole thing back on when the
macro finishes?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Tom..........seemed like a really good suggestion, but I couldn't seem
to realize any improvemet. I tried shuffeling things around but nothing
helped. The "application.calculation = xlmanual" didn't seem to shut
anything off, or rather if it did, then one of the outside macros I called in
to place the formulas before I wanted the "Activesheet.calculate" must have
reset it somehow. At any rate, by the time it got to "activesheet.calculate"
it had already done the recalc and so just did it again.......the whole
process actually took longer........

Odd request, thanks for trying.........I reckon I'm stuck with the long
processing time.
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All...........
Could anyone please tell me that when I send a formula to a cell of an
ActiveSheet with VBA and Excel does a "Recalc", is it only Recalculating

that
one sheet or every sheet in the workbook?......If it does them all, how

might
I be able to turn off the Recalc at the beginning of my macro for "all
sheets" and then only turn it on for the ONE SHEET I want to recalculate

with
each segment of the macro and then turn the whole thing back on when the
macro finishes?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could put in your formulas as String s

activecell.value = "ZZXXSum(A1:B1000)"

then after they are all entered, use the replace command

columns(3).Replace "ZZXX", "="

in your code.

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All...........
Could anyone please tell me that when I send a formula to a cell of an
ActiveSheet with VBA and Excel does a "Recalc", is it only

Recalculating
that
one sheet or every sheet in the workbook?......If it does them all,

how
might
I be able to turn off the Recalc at the beginning of my macro for "all
sheets" and then only turn it on for the ONE SHEET I want to

recalculate
with
each segment of the macro and then turn the whole thing back on when

the
macro finishes?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Hmmmm.......interesting.........what I am doing is filling a 1200 cell
NamedRange with VLOOKUP formulas, which when using the TEXT method all fill
in with the same text, .....in other words do not "step" over to be the
correct cell addresses for the next cell........the find and replace worked
fine, but i wound up with the same formula in all 1200 cells........and the
recalc seemed to take the normal long time anyway.

Thanks for the tip tho, I might can use it somewhere else..........
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All...........
Could anyone please tell me that when I send a formula to a cell of an
ActiveSheet with VBA and Excel does a "Recalc", is it only

Recalculating
that
one sheet or every sheet in the workbook?......If it does them all,

how
might
I be able to turn off the Recalc at the beginning of my macro for "all
sheets" and then only turn it on for the ONE SHEET I want to

recalculate
with
each segment of the macro and then turn the whole thing back on when

the
macro finishes?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations!"
<g

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote in message
[...]

Can't stop recalc [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 24th 09 01:29 PM
XL97 vs XL? Recalc-time CLR Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 10 November 30th 05 01:57 PM
Automatic Recalc DME Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 21st 05 08:05 PM
Auto ReCalc GMet Excel Programming 4 October 5th 04 03:34 PM
recalc question Bura Tino Excel Programming 2 July 10th 03 02:47 PM