Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Recalc Time

Thanks Tom..........seemed like a really good suggestion, but I couldn't seem
to realize any improvemet. I tried shuffeling things around but nothing
helped. The "application.calculation = xlmanual" didn't seem to shut
anything off, or rather if it did, then one of the outside macros I called in
to place the formulas before I wanted the "Activesheet.calculate" must have
reset it somehow. At any rate, by the time it got to "activesheet.calculate"
it had already done the recalc and so just did it again.......the whole
process actually took longer........

Odd request, thanks for trying.........I reckon I'm stuck with the long
processing time.
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Possibly set calculation to manual(application.Calculation = xlManual)

then use the
Activesheet.Calculate

command in your macro after you "send a formula to a cell".

at the end, set application.Calculation = xlAutomatic

might work.

Tom Ogilvy

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All...........
Could anyone please tell me that when I send a formula to a cell of an
ActiveSheet with VBA and Excel does a "Recalc", is it only Recalculating

that
one sheet or every sheet in the workbook?......If it does them all, how

might
I be able to turn off the Recalc at the beginning of my macro for "all
sheets" and then only turn it on for the ONE SHEET I want to recalculate

with
each segment of the macro and then turn the whole thing back on when the
macro finishes?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3