Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can't stop recalc

I have some fairly large reports that utilize the SUMPRODUCT
functions. Daily I have to clear the unlerying data tables and
repopulate with current data. I have the tools options set to manualy
calculate only yet every time my macro clears the data it recalcs then
every time one fo the 7 data tables is repopulated, it recalcs again.
What should be a fairly quick process is taking nearly half an hour
with the constsant recalculating.

Is there som instructions I can add to enforce the non-calculation
until I have populated all of the data and then trigger the
reclculation through an instruction?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Don Flak
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What you described should be working...you might try adding this to the
beginning of your macro:

And then at end:
Application.Calculate
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

" wrote:

I have some fairly large reports that utilize the SUMPRODUCT
functions. Daily I have to clear the unlerying data tables and
repopulate with current data. I have the tools options set to manualy
calculate only yet every time my macro clears the data it recalcs then
every time one fo the 7 data tables is repopulated, it recalcs again.
What should be a fairly quick process is taking nearly half an hour
with the constsant recalculating.

Is there som instructions I can add to enforce the non-calculation
until I have populated all of the data and then trigger the
reclculation through an instruction?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Don Flak

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
I have some fairly large reports that utilize the SUMPRODUCT
functions. *Daily I have to clear the unlerying data tables and
repopulate with current data. *I have the tools options set to manualy
calculate only yet every time my macro clears the data it recalcs then
every time one fo the 7 data tables is repopulated, it recalcs again.
What should be a fairly quick process is taking nearly half an hour
with the constsant recalculating.

Is there som instructions I can add to enforce the non-calculation
until I have populated all of the data and then trigger the
reclculation through an instruction?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Don Flak- Hide quoted text -

Luke,

This seemed to work but of course it left my calculation settings in
manual for every other report I ran after this. If I wanted to set it
back to automatic would it be as simple as
Application.Calculation=xlCalculationAutomatic?

Thanks,
Don