Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to tell Excel to recalc, unconditionally, now?

It's easy to invalidate an Excel 2002 workbook, putting it into a
recalc-required state, yet Excel fails to do it.

For example, I have a worksheet with thousands of UDF calls
(=MyUDF(Param)). If I make an edit whose only impact is to change the
value(s) of the UDF params, that kind of edit seems too oblique for
Excel and it won't recalc.

(Or if calc is set to Manual, the Calculate flag doesn't appear, so
pressing F9 does nothing. Nor does toggling Manual/Automatic calc.
Even if you set calc to Automatic, save and reopen the WB, it stays
UNCALC'ed.)

Yes, I know I could, say: Open the VBA editor, edit some code
(introduce a syntax error, say), exit, recalc and invoke the error,
reopen VBA, correct it, exit, and recalc again.

But that kludge is not an answer I, or any user, will accept.

So where's the Excel user instruction to recalc *unconditionally,
now*?

Thanks much.

***
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ctrl-Alt-F9?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Actually Excel has 4 non-VBA ways to recalc a spreadsheet, you could try any
of these and see if they work:

F9 (you've already tried this one)
Shift+F9
Ctrl+Alt+F9