Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cannot maximize or minimize

I opened a file today that did not open maximized by default like my other
files and it doesn't have the maximize, minimize and close icons on the top
right of the blue bar. When I open any other file it opens maximized. Did
I inadvertently screw up a setting on this file somewhere? The file
contains macros and it opens the same way whether I enable or disable the
macros.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Gary Beard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This can be caused by Workbook protection (Tools, Protection, Unprotect
Workbook would turn it off).

--
Jim
sbcglobal.net" <gbeard12@<delete wrote in
|I opened a file today that did not open maximized by default like my other
| files and it doesn't have the maximize, minimize and close icons on the
top
| right of the blue bar. When I open any other file it opens maximized.
Did
| I inadvertently screw up a setting on this file somewhere? The file
| contains macros and it opens the same way whether I enable or disable the
| macros.
|
| Thanks for any suggestions,
| Gary Beard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Gary,

When you close a file, it remembers the settings. Since you posted this
question in an Excel newsgroup, I will assume these files are Excel
Workbooks. Excel opens the workbook in another window. If the workbook
window is maximized, the title bar (blue bar) disappears. The buttons
are then moved below Excels title bar buttons on the right. If these
are missing, I suspect the macros may be responsible for the buttons
disappearing. Check the code.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,
I thought the same thing and turned off the protection and still had the
problem.

Thanks for the response,
Gary Beard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Leith,
The only thing in the macros are routines to sort and copy data from one
sheet to another (one by alphabetical order and the other by numeric order).
The workbook was protected...I thought I only protected the worksheet.

Thanks again for your help Leith,
Gary Beard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,
The workbook WAS protected...I thought I just had the worksheet protected.
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

--
Gary Beard