Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activex control button problem

I have been using the excel help to assign a macro to an Active
control button, but there seems to be an error. What the help says i
"right click on the selector handles on the control button and then us
the assign macro shortcut (assign macro or something very similar)
However when I right click on a selector handle, the only options I ge
which are remotely relevant are "view code", "properties", "comman
button object" and "format control". These don't allow an easy assig
macro process.

Why am I not getting what the help file says I should be getting?

Thankyou P

--
pagelocato
pagelocator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1650

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
If you are trying to assign a macro to a button, use the bring up the
forms toolbar click on button and place it in your spread sheet, right
click and assign macro,
it sounds like you tried to use the button from the control toolbar,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have created a button from the control toolbox. You don't assign macros
to these, they have events. If you double-click the button, it should open
up a code pane with a skeleton click event created. Add your code in there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"pagelocator"
wrote in message

I have been using the excel help to assign a macro to an Activex
control button, but there seems to be an error. What the help says is
"right click on the selector handles on the control button and then use
the assign macro shortcut (assign macro or something very similar).
However when I right click on a selector handle, the only options I get
which are remotely relevant are "view code", "properties", "command
button object" and "format control". These don't allow an easy assign
macro process.

Why am I not getting what the help file says I should be getting?

Thankyou PL

--
pagelocator
pagelocator's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had noticed the difference, ActiveX being on the control bar an
command buttons being in forms toolbar. The problem is that the Exce
help says it IS possible to right click on selector handles and do th
same thing. I am wary of a system that seems to be imperfect.

In the end I copied and pasted the code from the VB editor into th
appropriate place.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my query

PL

damorrison Wrote:
Hi,
If you are trying to assign a macro to a button, use the bring up the
forms toolbar click on button and place it in your spread sheet, right
click and assign macro,
it sounds like you tried to use the button from the control toolbar,
Dav

--
pagelocato
pagelocator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1650
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47576

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had noticed the difference, ActiveX being on the control bar and
command buttons being in forms toolbar. The problem is that the Excel
help says it IS possible to right click on selector handles and do the
same thing. I am wary of a system that seems to be imperfect.

In the end I copied and pasted the code from the VB editor into the

pagelocator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16506
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475763