Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activex control button problem

You have created a button from the control toolbox. You don't assign macros
to these, they have events. If you double-click the button, it should open
up a code pane with a skeleton click event created. Add your code in there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"pagelocator"
wrote in message

I have been using the excel help to assign a macro to an Activex
control button, but there seems to be an error. What the help says is
"right click on the selector handles on the control button and then use
the assign macro shortcut (assign macro or something very similar).
However when I right click on a selector handle, the only options I get
which are remotely relevant are "view code", "properties", "command
button object" and "format control". These don't allow an easy assign
macro process.

Why am I not getting what the help file says I should be getting?

Thankyou PL

--
pagelocator
pagelocator's Profile: