Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Beginner: Help with Checkboxes on created User Form

Hi. I'm basically teaching myself some VBA skills when I need them. So
please, bear with me.

I've created a user form for an Excel spreadsheet for fairly
inexperienced users. I have combo boxes and text boxes that work
perfectly well. However, I'm trying to add a check box and I guess
I'm not quite sure how they work. Is the checkbox more an individual
thing? Does it work in such a way that each item I want needs its own
checkbox?

My user form _might_ look something like this:

Patient Name: (text box)
Diagnosis: (combo box - list of 10)
CoMorbidities: (checkbox - list of 9 things, more than one can be
chosen)

Basically, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a checkbox
like this on a user form. Can I create something where you can select
more than one option and then have it drop into my spreadsheet? I keep
looking for this, but I'm not even aware if it's possible.

Another question I have is that if my a user closes the form without
clicking on the "enter data" or "close form" command buttons, a
"compile error" occurs. Here's the code that I have (from an example I
found):
Private Sub UserForm_Click()
(Cancel As Integer, _
CloseMode As Integer)
If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "Please use the button!"
End If

The part in parenthesis turns red after the error.

Your patience and any help is appreciated. I hope I've provided enough
information.

Thank you in advance.
Marianne

--