Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mark walberg mark walberg is offline

Default VBA Beginner: Help with Checkboxes on created User Form

You don't seem to be slow at all. You are pretty much there as far as code
is concerned. Only a couple of points. If you just refer to Range("R2"),
then the value will be changed on the value of "R2" on the active sheet,
whatever that is at the moment. One soultion is to name the cells on the
data sheet to "Asthma" (or whatever), and then refer to the cell by name.
Secondly I presume you want to reset if the check box is deselected. So you
will need to have the elase statement also.

Example:

Private Sub ckbxAsthma_Click()
If ckbxAsthma.Value Then
Range("Asthma") = "Asthma checked"
Else
Range("Asthma") = ""

Also you may need to add initializing code.

"MarianneR" wrote
in message ...

Ok, I'm really sorry that I'm so slow. And, I cannot tell you how much
I appreciate all the help.

I decided to go with the checkboxes. I have 9 of them. I've
successfully named them. Unfortunately, this is as far as I've
gotten.

One of my checkboxes is "Asthma." So, I've named it "ckbxAsthma" and
have added this code:

Private Sub ckbxAsthma_Click()
If ckbxAsthma.Value Then Range("R2") = "Asthma checked"

End Sub

I don't know if the R2 is right ~ or if any of it is right for that
matter. YIKES.

So, this is what I want to do: I want to be able to select the
checkbox "Asthma" and have that information jump into column R on
another spreadsheet. The text and list boxes work fine. But, I don't
quite understand how to define my checkbox and then have it dump into
my data sheet.

Again, I'm really sorry that I'm not grasping this.

--
MarianneR
MarianneR's Profile: