Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Common dialog control

Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are there, but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you have a full version of Visual Basic?

If not, it is possible that the controls have been installed by another
program, but that you do not have design time rights for the controls.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are there,
but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ryan,
I assume you are talking VBA in Excel and that you want to add a Common
Dialog control to a user form.
For a control you do not add a reference but right click on the ToolBox,
select "Additional Controls" and find your desired control.

Nick

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are there,

but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

I'm off topic here, but it looks like we are both in Hong Kong. Drop me an
email if you are interested in getting in contact.

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are there,

but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

your assume is correct.

Thanks for your advice.

I was trying to follow your instruction, I open the Control Toolbox and
right-click it, but there is no Additional Controls for me to click...

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are there,

but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

Do you mean choose the Additional Controls from the Tools Menu in Microsoft
VB editor?

I did so, but why the Additional Controls in the menu can not be click?...

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are there,

but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,

in the VBA, there is Additonal Controls in the Tools Menu, but in EXCEL
there is no Additional Controls in the Tools menu, So I guess you are talking
about the VBA...

"NickHK" wrote:

Ryan,
You are in the VBA IDE ? Not on a Excel worksheet ?

NickHK

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to browse

it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are

there,
but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ryan,
Because you do not currently have a userform active.
This makes sense as you cannot add a control to a module or class.

NickHk

"Ryan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Excel 2003 w/Visual Basic 6.3

there is no Common Dialog Box control in VB 6.3, when I try to

browse it
under folder system32 the files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx are

there,
but
I can not add it in the reference. The error messege is "can't add a
reference to the specified file". Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your help.
I am now successfully find the control in the Additional controls in the
Toolbox menu, but when I try to use it , there is a error saying' the control
could not be created beacuse it is properly licenced'

DO you know the reasons?