Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Microsoft Common Dialog Control

I am using a book 'Excel VBA Macro Programming' to learn how to use the VBA
editor so I can automate some functions in my financial spreadsheets. One of
the book projects says to use this Microsoft Common Dialog Control to set up
the interface between the code I write in my module and the user (me) via a
form. The goal of the project is to color alternate lines with the user's
choice. I already know how to do this from the spreadsheet menus--but
thought I would try to learn the coding and form interface stuff with this
'simple' example. So I went to the 'additional controls' section, selected
the Microsoft Common Dialog Control and added it to the Toolbox. When I drag
it over to the form and left-click to enter it, I get a message "The control
could not be created because it is not properly licensed." I tried to
'register' it following the directions on this site but it did not help. I
though perhaps my project requires certificate, but can't figure that out. I
am running Windows 2000, and Office 2000. Any help would be appreciated.
Don't really understand all this stuff. Can you tell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cindy,

Since nobody has replied to this yet I'll give it a shot. I think you
probably need a VB design time license to be able to use the control in your
own projects. The fact that it is present on your machine means that
somebody else with a design time license has installed it as part of their
program, but with a runtime license.

HTH,

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com