Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CINDY CINDY is offline

Default Microsoft Common Dialog Control

I am using a book 'Excel VBA Macro Programming' to learn how to use the VBA
editor so I can automate some functions in my financial spreadsheets. One of
the book projects says to use this Microsoft Common Dialog Control to set up
the interface between the code I write in my module and the user (me) via a
form. The goal of the project is to color alternate lines with the user's
choice. I already know how to do this from the spreadsheet menus--but
thought I would try to learn the coding and form interface stuff with this
'simple' example. So I went to the 'additional controls' section, selected
the Microsoft Common Dialog Control and added it to the Toolbox. When I drag
it over to the form and left-click to enter it, I get a message "The control
could not be created because it is not properly licensed." I tried to
'register' it following the directions on this site but it did not help. I
though perhaps my project requires certificate, but can't figure that out. I
am running Windows 2000, and Office 2000. Any help would be appreciated.
Don't really understand all this stuff. Can you tell?