Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't put common dialog control on a worksheet

I can do that on a Windows98 with Office 2000 machine. I put a common dialog
control on a worksheet so that it would be popped up when necessary to allow
user to select a workbook to open. However when I load this Excel workbook on
a Windows 2000 Professional with Office 2000 machine, the common dialog
control on the worksheet was missing. Even though I could register the
comdlg32.ocx successfully via regsvr32 program. I still cannot put the
control on a worksheet, get an error something like ..."cannot insert object"

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

application.GetOpenFileName can be executed and provide the file open dialog
and return the fully qualified path of the file the user selected. No need
to involve the comdlg32.ocx.

The code can be run from a button or event using worksheet level events.

Tom Ogilvy